Sunday, November 27, 2022

Kim Seon Ho Times Square!

 I think it was February or March of this year when I was discussing my love of Kdramas with Mili Fay, an incredible artist and animator. She told me to watch Start-Up on Netflix. 

Which I did and promptly fell in love with the character of  Han Ji-pyeong, a brilliant venture capitalist involved with mentoring new start-up businesses at a facility called Sandbox. His relationship with the grandmother of a young woman trying to get a business going there is one of the most touching relationships in any series or movie I've ever seen, and he will absolutely break your heart in this series!
So, I thought WHO is this actor, playing Han Ji-Pyeong? Kim Seon Ho. He is the most expressive and believable actor I have seen in forever, maybe not since Cary Grant, who could do everything, comedy, drama etc. Kim Seon Ho could do it all in Start-up!
I had to see whatever else he was in and Netflix was a gateway into his series. He had his first starring role in Hometown Cha Cha Cha. If for some reason you hadn't already fallen in love with him in Start-up... you will in HTCCC!
And after these two series I was looking him up on facebook and instagram and youtube and anyplace else you could read about him or see him or connect with other fans, I was doing it. And during these searches some Seonhohada (fans of Kim Seon Ho!) reached out to me and I became part of the US group and also a Seonhohada Warrior! Voting on fan apps, something I never did, to help win him awards and billboards.
I was thrilled to hear this week that my cheering fan message ("Wishing you as much joy in your life as you bring to your fans"- saturdaychick) made it to the digital billboard in Times Square!

Can it get any better than this for a fan of KSH ? Well, he is also having fan meets and autograph sessions all over, but sadly, not in the US. Fingers crossed that the world's Most Bankable Actor (from S Korea) might make the trip sometime!
Meanwhile, watch 100 Days My Prince and World's Strongest Delivery Man on Netflix! This summer he starred in a Korean production of Touching the Void and sold out every performance!
If  this post has you even the tiniest bit intrigued, then give his series a chance on Netflix, if you have it. I even subscribed to Viki an Asian content channel so I could see his earlier series and which was worth every penny to be able to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment