Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Countdown # 6









The Cats love Halloween. Well, every day is Halloween for our cats who are fond of terrorizing anything smaller than they are. If you made a horror movie from a mouse or squirrel's point of view the monster would definitely be a cat. Just today, I kept hearing a scuffling noise. I went to see what was up...and I saw the 3 cats sitting around the wood stove (not in use, yet) staring intently.
I wrangled them all into the library and shut the door. Then I gingerly (great word! And a good spice to use on many occasions!) opened the door and waited. A little face poked out. A flying squirrel!















 I've never seen a live one, sad to say. They get in the attics (we have 2) and the cats get to them first and then all I find are tails and other bits with which I have to use the shovel of doom to toss them out. I am determined to save this one...so I left the stove open, the entry way door and the front door all open so it has a direct shot at freedom. Let us all keep our fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Can tell me which way the flying squirrel went?
    Sincerely,
    Bullwinkle J. Moose
    Frostbite Falls, Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  2. HMMM...sounds like Boris Badenov in disguise!

    ReplyDelete