Monday, December 27, 2010

Bad Pen Day!

We had a lovely Christmas with friends Mike (cartoonist and well known  blogger) and Stacy Lynch. John cooked boeuf bourguignon and Stacy brought a yummy veggie dish. I made a microwave dumpling (actual recipe from an old Scottish lady). There was singing. There was fiddle playing. There was cartoon and movie talk. So, all in all a great day!

Fast forward to Sunday. Sundays I read the paper and then usually write or draw or both. But alas. It was NOT so easy. The following is the story of:



8 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got one that worked. Could it be the cold air? Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Benita,

    Yes, what a relief! I was wondering if maybe the fact that I work so near the woodstove maybe dried out the pens or affected the paper, somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pens have always been a nuisance, but think about it -- they had to be used years ago because of the primitive repro process. Use a pencil, scan it to get the blackest line you need. You won't spill anything in your lap and all you have to do is sharpen it from time to time. It will be easier to find the right tooth of paper for the pencil than for a pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only it were that easy, Paul! My pencil lines, or, say, even Micron lines are very different from the look I get with the artpens. They look much stiffer to me. Once in a while I use a brush pen, which I like, but could never use it for my regular work. I'll post something tomorrow or later in the week and show how my drawings look via different pens, pencils etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your drawings and your sense of humor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a lovely sense of humour! Thanks for the smile.

    Love, violette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Violette,

    Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story!

    ReplyDelete